Millions of pounds worth of new business won for global financial services giant American Express from sales leads generated by dedicated telemarketing team.
American Express Corporate Services division is the world’s leading provider of expense management solutions helping 1000’s of companies enhance company spending control, streamline expenses and ultimately save money. Since 2004 American Express has been an ongoing client with The Telemarketing Company using our numerous service offerings in multiple different corporate campaigns.
We have helped American Express achieve gap-closing initiatives, provided quality leads for their sales teams, consistently exceeding targets and generating sales leads that went on to win American Express millions of pounds worth of business.
In the UK, American Express aimed to reach out to companies across all sectors to grow its current client base. American Express had challenging objectives in order to meet set acquisition goals by the end of the year.
The Telemarketing Company was selected to provide a campaign to support these objectives by providing high quality telephone and face-to-face appointments. The Telemarketing Company has worked carefully with American Express to plan and execute ongoing and new campaigns.
Frequent training is required to ensure all The Telemarketing Company agents are up to date with the current product portfolio and we have regular (usually monthly) visits from American Express to our Brighton office.
Services used by American Express over the years include:
- Lead generation and Appointment Setting – For over 8 years now The Telemarketing Company has been running a team of specialist agents dedicated to generating leads just for American Express. These teams have been anything up to 25 agents at their highest. These teams work to strict criteria set out by American Express and use a specific solution selling approach. In addition information gathering is a valuable exercise for American Express.
- Data Profiling – Usually run in Market Research, Data Profiling for American Express is run in the Telemarketing Department by a fully trained American Express agent. As the voice of American Express the agent needs to have full knowledge of the corporate product stack in case the conversation becomes involved.
- Inbound line management - 22 inbound lines at The Telemarketing Company to support a multitude of digital, DM and third party campaigns alongside standard direct channels. Inbound is treated as a separate campaign for billing but telephone inbound is blended using outbound agents to answer lines during standard calling.
- Inbound Web Lead Processing - Inbound leads from multiple digital channels are processed and managed by the team.
- Focus Campaigns - Sector and proposition focused mini campaigns are regularly delivered, with tailored messaging and sales enablement.
- Customer Service billing Migration - with a Telemarketing Company agent placed on site with the client.
- Database build and qualification - Prospect databases cleaned, profiled and enhanced by our research team.
Divisions of American Express that have worked with us:
- SBS – Small Business Services
- Global Corporate Payments
- EMEA Marketing
- Public Sector
“Overall I am very satisfied with The Telemarketing Company and am renewing my contract. Other divisions of American Express UK are also looking at this provider given their performance, flexibility and overall responsiveness. I have managed Acquisition Marketing in the UK and US where I managed several channels and vendors. The Telemarketing Company compares to the best performing ones”
“The management team has been very efficient. I meet about monthly with the Account Management team to review targets and agents' needs. They have been very flexible with my target changes and have remained very supportive even when my budget required lower headcount. They have remained very much in touch with the team supporting my program and ensure I always reached my target”
UK Acquisition Marketing, American Express