Blog

Telemarketing Survey 2010

Telemarketing Survey 04 January 2010 Category: Blog Once again, The Telemarketing Company has sponsored the Telemarketing Survey run by B2B magazine. As always, the results throw out some surprises. One of the less surprising results is that 39% of respondents say that their use of Telemarketing has increased over the last 12 months, whereas only 26% say it's decreased. This confirms that marketers believe Telemarketing remains a thoroughly cost effective way of using scarce marketing funds. More surprising is the number of respondents who say that they can't measure ROI effectively from Telemarketing. On the one hand, it's reassuring that a majority (56%) of marketers have visibility of this critical metric. Nonetheless, this leaves 44% of respondents unsure of what ROI they are getting for both their effort and budget. This seems ludicrously high when you consider the ease with which any organisation should be able to plug opportunities into a CRM platform and track them through to an eventual sale. If you can't demonstrate ROI when using one of the most measurable channels available, what chance is there of establishing whether your above the line work, events, exhibitions and digital work are delivering a profitable return? I suspect that part of the problem is that ROI calculations require a firm understanding of costs, as well as revenue. Costs for in house teams are often hidden whereas outsourced work has a price tag attached, making it easier (and politically often more important) to measure true return for a given level of spend. Whatever the reason, as it remains an issue we'll continue to work hard to help our clients to measure the effectiveness of their spend with us - often we're in a better position to do this than they are and if a campaign is not going to make our clients money we'd rather tell them and suggest ways of improving results than wait to be told.... Tagged in: Industry , Surveys

Related articles

A new normal: the resurgence of better communication?

A new normal: the resurgence of better communication?

Thursday, March 26, 2020
Find out more
We need to talk: has digital killed the art of conversation?

We need to talk: has digital killed the art of conversation?

Monday, March 9, 2020
Find out more
10 steps to selecting the right outsource partner

10 steps to selecting the right outsource partner

Friday, February 7, 2020
Find out more
Making the most of your data assets

Making the most of your data assets

Monday, February 3, 2020
Find out more

Our full range of telephone services

Data Services

High quality, profiled data

Data Cleansing
Data Cleansing
Clean, up-to-date data delivers better quality leads and boosts sales
Read more
Data Enrichment
Data Enrichment
Data enrichment enables you to connect better with your target audience
Read more
Email Opt-ins: GDPR
Email Opt-ins: GDPR
Do you have a clean, compliant, opted-in database?
Read more

Pre Sales Research

Actionable insight to inform your sales and marketing strategy

Pre Sales Research
Pre Sales Research
Arm your sales and marketing teams with clear customer intelligence and accurate data.
Read more

Telemarketing

Want more opportunities to drive revenue?

Lead Generation
Lead Generation
High-quality lead generation at every stage of the customer journey
Read more
Call Handling
Call Handling
We can provide your customers with an expert, personalised service - making every interaction count
Read more
Appointment Setting
Appointment Setting
Successful appointment setting requires meaningful human interaction with senior decision makers
Read more
Lead Management
Lead Management
Improve lead flow, quality and conversion
Read more
Event Marketing
Event Marketing
Engage high value attendees and drive registrations
Read more
Lead Qualification / Nurture
Lead Qualification / Nurture
Move leads through the funnel more strategically with our expert lead qualification and lead nurturing services
Read more

Sales

Results drive, expert sales

Telesales / Inside Sales
Telesales / Inside Sales
Flexible, high performance transactional telesales and complex inside sales services.
Read more
Account Based Marketing
Account Based Marketing
Increase profitability, reverse churn and increase customer lifetime value.
Read more

Post Sales Research

Is your customer intelligence keeping pace with your business goals?

Welcome Calls
Welcome Calls
An effective welcome call helps to create a foundation for a lasting relationship.
Read more
Customer Satisfaction
Customer Satisfaction
Gain a more nuanced view of your customers’ experiences through phone-based surveys.
Read more
Treating Customers Fairly / Compliance
Treating Customers Fairly / Compliance
An FCA authorised and regulated business, our expert team can help you meet your TCF compliance needs.
Read more